CONNECT Toronto ’19 is one of our biggest alumni events of the year. We welcomed more than 300 alumni to the campus for a two-day program of personal and professional development, amazing networking opportunities and entertaining activities. The theme Game On prepared our alumni with the new maneuvers required to win in today’s challenging game.
The Forum kicked off on Friday, April 26, with an alumni-exclusive Pre-CONNECT Primer, hosted in collaboration with Schulich Executive Education Centre (SEEC). The Forum continued on Saturday, April 27, with opening remarks and halftime update from our Conference Co-Chairs, Fotini Iconomopoulos (MBA ’05) and Vince Commisso (MBA ’92), as well as a fireside chat with Schulich Dean, Dezsö J. Horváth.
The Conference Program included more than 13 sessions with over 40 experts and leaders on the following topics:
- The World of Start-ups: Beyond the Pitch
- Dollars and Sense: What’s in the Cards for the Economy?
- Shifting Sands: Where to Place Your Bets?
- Blockchain is Changing the Game
- Negotiating Skills: How to Win the Duel in Negotiating
- Advisory Boards: Raising the Level of your Game
- Marketing Mavens: A Game of Skill not Chance
- How to Score in Today’s Private Equity
Entertaining activities included tours of the new Rob and Cheryl McEwen Graduate Study & Research Building, the Alumni CONNECTions Café, and networking sessions at breakfast, lunch and cocktail receptions. Alumni had the opportunity to hear more about school initiatives and activities at our networking hubs which included Alumni Relations, SEEC, Centre for Global Enterprise and a Discovery Station. The day concluded with a dynamic and inspiring keynote from bestselling author, award-winning business journalist, and BNN Bloomberg television anchor, Amanda Lang.
View more photos here.