How can I make my gift?
You can make your donation towards the new Graduate Study and Research Building by choosing one of the following payment options:
- Online: Click the “Donate Now” button above and then select designation: Leading Change: New Graduate Study and Research Building and select reason – Alumni Match Challenge
- Cheque: Send a cheque (payable to York University) to: Office of Development and Alumni Relations, Schulich School of Business, 4700 Keele Street, SSB Room W 362 N, Toronto, ON M3J 1P3. Download the pledge form here.
- Phone: Call Naomi Ierullo, Office of Development at 416.650.8050 to make your donation by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), wire transfer or a transfer of stock
There is no better time to make a gift to the Schulich Business School
Thanks to a $5 million Challenge Matching Grant from the Schulich Foundation, alumni donors are eligible to receive a one-to-one match for all gifts made to the School in support of the new building between November 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017. The Schulich Foundation is challenging fellow alumni to demonstrate their confidence in their alma mater by supporting the School’s efforts to build a new, state-of-the art business facility that will result in an increase in research and teaching space to meet the changing demands of a 21st-century business education.
How does the Alumni Match work?
The $5 million Schulich Challenge is a time-limited opportunity to enable alumni supporters of the Schulich School to double the impact of their gift while helping to accelerate the construction of the new 67,000 square-foot Graduate Study and Research Building. Gifts made within the eight-month time frame will go towards the building construction and will count towards the totals of the Leading Change Campaign.
Can anyone’s gift be matched?
Only gifts received from alumni are eligible for this special offer and will be matched. A dual objective of the Match is to broaden the number of alumni participating in the Campaign while at the same time accelerating and increasing funds raised in support of the new building. Alumni participation rankings are a factor in Business School rankings.
Are gifts to designations other than to the New Building eligible for a Challenge Match?
Only gifts designated to the new building are eligible for the one-to-one Challenge Match.
Is there a deadline for making a gift?
Yes—this is a time-limited opportunity that started on November 1, 2016 and concludes on June 30, 2017 so make your gift to the new building today to capitalize on the Match.
Is there a minimum contribution amount?
There is no minimum. Gifts of all sizes made within the specified November 1st to June 30th timeframe that benefit the new building will be accepted and will be matched dollar for dollar.
Is there a maximum contribution amount?
Every dollar donated to the new building by alumni between now and June 30, 2017 — up to a collective total of $5 million — will be matched by the Schulich Foundation which would double the impact of the Challenge resulting in $10 million raised in support of the new building.
What types of gifts qualify for the Match?
• One-time outright gifts or multi-year pledges that are confirmed in writing
• Gifts made by cheque, credit card, wire transfer or a transfer of stock will be matched
• Gifts-in-kind and planned/deferred gifts are not eligible for a Challenge Match
Will my corporate matching gift be eligible for a Schulich Alumni Match as well?
Corporate matching gifts resulting from qualified gifts and payments made by alumni donors will be included when calculating the matched amount.